Sadie Nash Leadership Project promotes leadership and activism among young women so they can be agents of change in their lives and in the world. Our programs include:
1. Summer Institute - an award-winning 6-week summer program for young women currently attending high school. Participants (at sites in Manhattan, Newark, Queens, and Brooklyn) experience college-level academic and arts courses, women leaders and role models, workshops, and field trips.
2. ELLA (Engage, Learn, Lead, Act) - a unique social justice Fellowship that provides participants (ages 16-22) with intensive training to design, implement and present individual projects in their community. They receive a substantial monthly stipend and a project allowance for this competitive opportunity. Open to students, ages 16-22.
3. Sisterhood Academy - a year-long, after-school program which sits within the foundation of SNLP’s philosophy of redefining Leadership and Identity. Participants engage in workshops and classes centering on developing leadership skills, fostering confidence, self-exploration, and building sisterhood and community.
4. The Partnership Program provides an opportunity for schools and community based organizations to bring a customized leadership class to the young women they work with. Our program allows us to bring Sadie Nash programming directly to young people throughout all five boroughs. If you would like to learn more about the partnership program or about how to bring Sadie Nash to your site, please reach out to Christina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. College & Career Programs are open to Nashers who have already completed a Sadie Nash program. They include:
- Nash U - is a specialized senior track program which provides college access assistance. We offer one-on-one support with a college advisor, peer college support, financial aid workshops, college intensives, as well as college panels and college trips. Open to high school Seniors who have previously completed an SNLP program.
- Leadership Scholars - focuses on educational justice, college readiness and college prep. The program is designed to encourage curiosity, critical consciousness, and empowerment within educational systems. Participants will learn what colleges are looking for, how to apply, options to consider, and begin their journey! Open to high school Juniors only.
- Community Action Placement - is a skill development, service learning, and leadership training program that enables Summer Institute participants to utilize their abilities throughout the academic year. Nashers complete an intensive training and then are guaranteed a summer opportunity or internship that enhances their skills, interests, and knowledge.